I was one of the 'experts' featured in the Kansas City's Star House + Home on Sunday!

"Local pros and experts suggest their favorite guides to include on the home library shelf."

My recommendation :
 
Barefoot Contessa Parties! (Clarkson Potter, $32,50)
 
"Jenny Steffens, an event planner who owns Everyday Occasions.  Steffens considers this book her home-entertaining bible.  'It has it all,' Steffens said, 'from recipes to party idea, to how to set the table.  She even talks about her mistakes.'"
 
"The 264-page book is organized by party ideas for the four seasons.  The book is iconic Garten, host of her own Food Network series and author of other cookbooks.  Her philosophy is keeping an event simple but elegant, making for a happier host and more memorable party.'
 
"'I can't say enough about assembling food rather than cooking,' Garten wrote. 'I keep telling myself that my friends won't have more fun if I spend two days making a dacquoise for dessert than if I find a delicious pound cake at a bakery and serve it with store-bought lemon curd and fresh raspberries.'"

Sunday, January 11, 2009, Kansas City Star, House + Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top