Last night, we had some friends over for dinner and I experimented with one of my 'restaurant' favorites - Truffle Fries.  I'm proud to say that I think they were a hit!  I found the truffle oil at the Brookside Market - the entire bottle was only $10... which I thought was pretty good considering it will last a long time and add so much to any simple dinner.  We served them with seared steaks - the classic French dinner, Steak Frites.  


**This photo came from this site.  I didn't want to take away from my party by taking too many photos. 

4 baking potatoes
3 cups of vegetable oil
3 tablespoons of truffle oil
Sea Salt

I cut the potatoes in large matchsticks (leaving the peel on for a rustic look) then placed them in cold water. In a large pot, I heated the vegetable oil and fried the potatoes in 3 batches for about 6 minutes each.  When they came out of the oil, I drizzled them with the truffle oil and plenty of salt.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top