Last week, Mrs. Blandings directed her readers to Steve Rogers' studio space in the West Bottoms of Kansas City, Prize Antiques.  He is opening a "Pop-up-Shop" on the Country Club Plaza for the Holidays (opening Oct. 29th).  So, like a diligent follower, I made an appointment with Steve and, wow, am I glad I did...

Above : a zinc pedestal table.  I think this would be the perfect oversized object in my living room.


Steve's taste is a bit indescribable and lovely - a mix of rustic yet refined European pieces, industrial objects, and primitive treasures.  I love this wall of portraits.  Completely DIY-able.    


Above : This is one of my favorite pieces - of course it was the most pricey in the studio (I'm cursed with good taste).  It is a French library cabinet stocked with leather books.  Although this particular item was a little out my price range, I found several other great pieces that were VERY reasonably priced... like the mantle below. 


Hands off, Readers!  I've got my heart set of this one.  I'm thinking it would look great in my very empty dining room.  Just the charming element I've been looking for!

Steve - Thanks for being so kind and showing me around your studio AND answering all of my antique novice questions!

Visit Prize Antiques website here, and be sure to stop by his shop on The Plaza (across from Houston's) opening Oct. 29th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top