This Spring we're hoping to do a lot of work to the exterior of our house and lawn... painting the house, building a fence, planting a ton of flowers and having a garden.

Flowers can be super expensive, and I LOVE masses of flowers... so, I'm growing my own from seeds. In addition to flowers, I want to be able to go out into the back yard and pick my own produce for dinner... not to mention, I would hate to add up the amount of money I have spent on fresh herbs and heirloom tomatoes!

So, the process starts as an "indoor" garden placed by a sunny window, then I will transplant the plants outside in the Spring - early April.


I started with some lacquered trays I had from catering and inserted "Jiffy-Strips" biodegradable seed trays from Lowes.


Next, I filled the trays with seed-starter potting soil. Then, water the trays to moisten.


I poked holes with my fingers to ready the trays for seeds.


I planted heirloom tomatoes, bibb lettuce, cucumbers, basil, thyme, chives, italian parsley and impatients.


I added the labels so I don't forget what I've planted!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top