One of the things I love about Charles Street is the historical look they've managed to maintain. Not only do they have gas street lights, but the signage on every shop, cafe, office--every business--is wood. Even the post office looks like something from a time gone by.
I had a few things in mind for the living room that I wanted to look for. A chest, console or cabinet, a black convex mirror to anchor a grouping of artwork and maybe a few unusual lamps.

One of the places I wanted to check out was Period Furniture Hardware. Whatever hardware you need for your old house, this would be a great source to check out.
Nothing against the old hardware, but I would love to have some of these old, worn wooden bins.
Down the street, I found these turquoise Foo dogs that match my bedroom floor. These might be fun in my master bathroom. They just make me smile.
I stopped by Danish Country Antiques where I missed out on this beautiful Gustavian chest. I think something like this would be perfect in my living room.
I did quite covet this gray Swedish vitrine, or hutch, but it's much too large for my little house.
This Swedish cabinet was also quite handsome...
...and had this beautiful, and apparently rare, feather pattern carved in to the trim, but again, too tall for what I'm looking for.
Danish Country Furniture store also sells some Asian pieces which creates a curious, but interesting mix of items that somehow works. I particularly like these antique Chinese rice baskets. They would be perfect for a collection of things or even for a large arrangement of flowers, like hydrangea.
So, on to the next place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top