I spent the weekend moving shrubs and other plants from the front of the house and I unearthed this very oxidized piece of metal. Any idea what it is?
I also found quite a few shards of blue transferware. I have to wonder why they're buried in the yard. I'd love to figure out what pattern it is and when it was made.

So, do you have idea what the metal piece is?

I had a suspicion and it took me a little bit of time on the internet to find one that's similar.

I believe it's part of shutter hinge, called a pintle or pintel.

I think it's a pretty good indication my house originally had shutters which is great. I was planning to add them eventually and it's nice to know they were an original detail.