I've been extremely lucky as far as the weather is concerned the past week. There's something quite disconcerting about seeing the back side of your electrical outlets hanging off the outside of your house and thinking it might rain. So I didn't get a lot of sleep last night hearing about the threat of thunderstorms overnight. Thankfully there were none.
I was really happy today to come home and see that the house was insulated and almost entirely wrapped.
I think God and my house angel Jennie have been looking over me because just as they were finishing, the skies opened up.
This is the first time I've seen water standing in the garden.
And our little private alley and street are flooded.
The holes for the new front porch footings were dug yesterday. The inspector came by today and approved them--they need to be four feet deep in our area of the country--so the concrete went in the sonotubes just before the rain started.

There's just two, and sometimes three guys working on the house each day so I'm pretty happy with the progress so far.
And check this out. When they pulled the shingles off the front corner of the house where I had put my test patches of color, We found these old pieces of trim they had used for filler. The ochre color matches the clapboards that were on the house but the first coat of paint on the board is gray. So I think I'm right track with my color scheme.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top