There was a story on the national news this evening about GE shutting down its last incandescent light bulb factory today. 


So, I ask, what will happen to chandeliers?  Are they obsolete?  Will they become worthless?
Will people hoard incandescent bulbs to avoid having to use these?

I'm all for the environment but, I have to admit, I don't like the quality of light from CFL light bulbs and I've taken out most of the bulbs I've purchased.  Secondly, given the special disposal procedures of CFL light bulbs, I wonder how many people are really going to be compliant.  I imagine most of them will go straight into the trash.


And while on the subject of endangered, what about second-hand furniture given the rapid spread of bed bugs?  I don't even think about that one.

What do you think?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top