If you're entertaining for a small- to medium-sized group, a self-serve bar is the key to a stress-free party.

Tip #1 : Get out of the kitchen... I like to set the bar in a room other than the kitchen - I find that guests like to crowd into the kitchen and setting the bar in the family room helps them to circulate around the house.  


Tip #2 : Help Yourself...  Make sure you have all of the tools you need for guests to help themselves.  I use one type of glassware for wine, beer and water.  You could also include a pitcher of a pre-made holiday cocktail, if you're feeling festive.  


What you'll Need (right to left) : 

*Pitcher for water
*Snack : I have "Sweet & Salty Caramelized Cashews" served here in a silver bowl.
*Chilled Drinks : I use this large pewter bowl to chill a variety of seasonal beer and white wine.
*Wine & Beer Opener
*Linen Cocktail Napkins 
*Red Wine
*Glasses : I like to keep them organized on a single tray to keep the bar neat and organized during the party.
*Flowers : I always like to have something "fresh" in every room.  It adds special feeling to your display.  These are potted paperwhites - which I love because they will last the entire holiday season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top