After the roofs of a few local buildings collapsed under the weight of snow, I thought I should get up on the flat portion of my roof and check it out.  The flat roof is over the master bedroom and back porch and is accessed through a little door at the back of the attic.  I've only been up here once with The Architects.


There's about 2-1/2 feet of snow up here so I think it's good I got up here to deal with it.

And while I'm up here, I thought it would be fun to show the surrounding neighborhood from this bird's-eye view.


Looking north toward the front of the house, the steeple in the right of the photo is right in Central Square where I catch the subway to work.


Off the other side of the house, looking northeast, is my old maple tree and the two soapworker's cottages that are the two oldest houses on the street, built in 1835.  They're on the National Register of Historic Places.


This is a closer look at one of the cottages and my neighbor who is also clearing snow and ice from her roof.  


This is looking east toward Boston.  Through the tree...


...you can see the Prudential building.  This is about a block from the Boston Marathon's finish line.


This is looking south down the little alleyway where there are four more old cottages.


Finally, looking west are more houses and one of the many local churches.


I love this view but unfortunately the only place I can see it is from the attic.  It would be nice to have a roof deck or an attic hideaway one day to enjoy this scene.


Another storm coming on Wednesday.   And I'm ready.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top