After moving in to my house I decided I wanted to use wallpaper to create the perfect mood in my guest room.  During my search, I came across several fantastic prints that I wished I could use "somewhere."  It was at that point I decided I might wallpaper the inside of every closet with a different pattern and then paint the floor in the closet to match.  What a pleasant surprise (or shock) it might be to a guest--or as someone commented, "a snooper"--who opens the closet to find a flowery, or bright or whimsical print inside.
  

Having wallpaper in your closets is like having a suit jacket that's lined with a loud or bright pattern.  No one can see your bright blue paisley lining but YOU know it's there and it puts a little spring in your step.  Makes you feel a little sassy, right?


So after the archeological dig through my closet wallpaper, I thought it would fun to match up some vintage wallpaper prints with some current rooms and see how the two paired.  Below are the results of my matchmaking.  These are mostly Ralph Lauren rooms and the wallpaper is 1940s and 1950s.  (Try to ignore the quarters in the wallpaper images.  They're there to show the scale of the wallpaper)



I think this is a perfect new pattern to add to the room.




I felt like this room needed something bold but feminine to center its masculine chi.






Three cheers for the red, white and blue.




Here I took inspiration from the linear coffee table and the botanical pressings.




Using the gold frames as color inspiration...




A combination inspired by the Chinese jar and the pink flowers.






A little hokey but fun.






This was a tough one.  The plaid is quintessential RL but the pattern in the maroon stripe echoes the zebra ottoman.



I love this combination.  I think I would wallpaper this whole room with this wallpaper.



Look how nicely this one goes with the aubusson carpet.



For the girly girl's closet.




I want that bed.



Just in case your potting shed has a closet...



And last but not least...


Isn't this one just perfect?  I LOVE this wallpaper!

But in case you prefer something a little more feminine,
here are two different options.



I had a lot of fun putting these together and I hope I've inspired you to replace a few skeletons in your closets with some exciting wallpaper.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top