Homemade Granola Recipe with Cashews and Cranberries
Homemade Granola Recipe with Cashews and Cranberries

I'm not a health nut...  I frequently enjoy big bowls of pasta, real Coca-Cola and even the occasional Happy Meal.  Lately, I have found myself running around town (does anyone else feel like all they do is run errands?!) and after a couple of hours, I AM STARVING.  I need something to keep in my purse to keep me for reaching from a Snickers.



I decided to make a big batch of homemade granola only with things I love.  No more picking around sunflower seeds and walnuts in store-bought mixes for me!


Homemade Granola Recipe with Cashews and Cranberries

4 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
1 1/2 cup of Cashews
1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup of Honey
................

2 cups of Dried Cranberries
1 cup of Raisins

On a sheet pan, mix together oats and cashews.  In a small bowl, whisk together oil and honey.  Pour over the oats mixture and toss until coated.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, stirring with a spatula every 15 minutes.  Bake until it is toasted and golden brown.

Let the mixture cool for 30 minutes.  Toss in Raisins and Dried Cranberries.  Store in an airtight container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top