4th of July Recipes :
Cucumber, Tomato & Feta Salad


As I mentioned, I did a little barbecuing this week to get our fix we've missed out on since moving to Boston.  But let's be honest, it's the sides that really make the meal.  This cucumber tomato salad is a combination of a couple of my favorites.  I've made it a couple of times, but this time I added feta cheese - let me tell you - it did the trick.  The recipe is now blog-worthy.  If I was serving this to a large crowd or taking it to a summer party, I would add pasta (maybe bowtie or penne?) to make it stretch a little further - here is a link to the Pasta Salad version!.


4th of July Recipes :
Cucumber, Tomato & Feta Salad (Cucumber Tomato & Feta Pasta Salad)
 
2 cucumbers - peeled, thinly sliced
1/2 small red onions, thinly sliced
2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup of feta cheese
Sweet & Tangy Vinaigrette recipe
1/2 pound of cooked pasta (optional - not pictured)

Combine all ingredients together and toss with vinaigrette.  Best when marinates for 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving, if possible

Classic Sweet & Tangy Vinaigarette

1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of white wine vinegar
1/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of dried italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Stir all of the ingredients together.


I peeled the cucumbers in a stripe - I like to leave some of the green on for the color, but leaving the entire skin can be a little bitter and tough.


Slice the cucumbers thinly.



Slice the onions very thinly.  I like these half moons.


In the bowl...


Add the cherry tomatoes - sliced in half.


The dressing is a sweet and tangy classic vinaigrette. 


Add feta cheese.  Let it set in the refrigerator for 1 hour, if possible.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top