Let's continue with the "free stuff" theme here... why not.

I'm slightly obsessed with typography (it's my favorite part of design!), so making my own font has always been on my radar of things to do. I finally started the process a little while ago and have been finalizing on my first creation... a spin-off on my handwriting.

Well, it's finally ready! I figured I'd share it with you all, because who doesn't love a free font? Especially a good handwritten one complete with numbers and punctuation. I'm always on the lookout for those.

Here's my font preview:



You can download it (for free!) here.

UPDATE: There won't be any modifications to this font (sorry, international friends!) but I am working on a new similar font which will have a complete character set with lots of glyphs. Keep checking back for the official release!

UPDATE 2: Yep, I've already submitted it to Google fonts!

While we're on the subject of type... I recently had a customer ask me to design her a poem for a friend's baby shower (she's having a little girl named Eleanor). I had so much fun with it and she was so pleased with the results, I decided to turn it into a template for my shop! Here's how hers turned out:



Isn't it such a thoughtful gift? I think her friend will love it! You can find the new (completely customizable) design here.


Well, I'm off to bed... our AC just broke and it's about 100 degrees inside with 200% humidity... I think it's causing my computer to malfunction... along with my brain... I might have to sleep in the pool tonight... hurry up 3-day weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top