When I ask Mike what kind of cookies he'd like me to make, the response is always the same : chocolate chip.  Being a creature of habit myself, I can appreciate the comfort that the classic cookie provides. But sometimes, just sometimes, I want to experiment a little, I want to step outside of our Toll House (or America's Test Kitchen...) box.

The result?  I bring you the cookie that combines all.  Peanut Butter, Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh my gosh, are they good.


Mike will say, "Oatmeal?  Peanut Butter?  Why would you mess up a perfectly good cookie?"

He will try one.  (Did I mention we've been through this a couple of times - he didn't even like tomatoes when we started dating.  Tomatoes!)  He will rave about them and helplessly consume a dozen in 2 days.  The cookie jar will be empty.  He will still request chocolate chip cookies next time I ask.  And I will make these, or try something new. 


We have friends visiting this weekend, so a stocked cookie jar is a must.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-In a mixer, combine butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy.  Add peanut butter and vanilla.  Add egg and mix until creamy.
-In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, soda, powder, and cinnamon.  Whisk together.  Add to butter mixture, stir until just combined.
-Add oats.  Stir until just combined (do not over mix).
-Add chocolate chips.  Stir until just combined.
-Scoop out with ice cream scoop onto baking sheets lined with silpat sheets.
-Bake for 9-12 minutes.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top