Since starting our new life here in Florida I've pretty much been in constant pinch-me mode. Life has never been better. We have a house I can't wait to come home to every day that is slowly becoming my dream home, the best neighbors you could ask for, great weather, a great city, a brand new kitty, my new dream job that is becoming a reality... every day is better than the last.

I knew it couldn't be like this forever. No one has life go exactly as planned for this long without hitting speed bumps now and then. Well, the gracious fairies of good luck finally decided our time was up.

Brad lost his job this morning. It was completely unexpected. This was our biggest fear when we dropped everything to move across the country. Now after investing so much time, money and emotion into this house and building better a life for us, we must put it all on hold. No more house projects. No more plans for the future.

Right now we must focus on keeping our expenses down and doing everything in our power to find Brad a new job. We're not strangers to this process, we went through it more than once last year and that's how we eventually ended up in Florida.

I know the job market is tough right now, especially since we don't live in a city ripe with work in Brad's field, but we're holding out hope. I can't accept the alternative... which is giving up our home and possibly moving back to California.

Anyway, not to make this blog a pity party, but all of our pending house projects have been brought to a halt.

I promise I'll use this opportunity to find some smaller things I've been meaning to do around the house, so I'll still be blogging... just bear with me while our big plans are (temporarily) sidelined.

Thanks for reading :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top