Heirloom Tomatoes - Cherry & Big
Heirloom Tomatoes with Green Goddess Dressing
Part of my Farmer's Market Themed Menu

I've mentioned before that I had always been a little intimated by homemade salad dressings.  I started experimenting with vinaigrettes and found them to be so simple and so, so, so much better than store-bought dressings.  I had yet to attempt a creamy dressing until I came across the tempting Green Goddess...

Green Goddess dressing is a sour cream based dressing jazzed up with fresh chives, basil and garlic.  Basically a homemade ranch dressing + basil.  I love that the basil turns the dressing a pale green color - must be where the name originates!


The best part of this homemade dressing is that the entire dressing is made in 30 seconds in a food processor.  I serve it on top of heirloom tomatoes or with bibb lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and pieces of bacon (Mike's favorite).  I find that this dressing is also great with grated Parmesan cheese on top... but what isn't, really.  Oh, and the fresh herbs really make all of the difference.



Green Goddess Dressing
serves 4

1/2 cup of mayonaise
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup of fresh chives, chopped
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and whip together for 30 seconds.  Serve on top tomatoes or a fresh salad.



Farm to Table Dinner Party Series : 
Farmer's Market Themed Menu

 The Eggplant Focaccia Bread is part of my Farm to Table Dinner Party Menu & Farmer's Market Table Setting.  To see the entire menu & table setting, click here.

Garden Tomatoes with Green Goddess Dressing
Eggplant Focaccia Bread
Corn on the Cob with Basil Butter
Classic Cucumbers & Onions
Lemon & Chive Halibut in Parchment Bundles
Peach Crostada with Vanilla Ice Cream

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top