When I experience a perfect something or place that I can't quite describe, but I just get a certain feeling from it, I tend to provide a movie reference.  For me, a perfect house or neighborhood might be a "Father of the Bride" street, or a "Home Alone" house.


You know the type - winding, tree-lined streets with handsomely sized (vs. obnoxiously giant), well-kept homes (vs. overgrown).



The kind of neighborhoods where kids play in the yard and ride their bikes down the street. 


I always get warm fuzzies when I come across a neighborhood, town or street that has those indescribable little somethings.



Our latest encounter was in Duxbury, Ma. (also known as "Deluxe-bury") on a day trip down to the South Shore of the Boston area.  I read in an online guide that it is the J.Crew town of the South Shore... I know, how am I just now making the trip down there?


Mike and I loved the cozy little town and its winding streets.  There is no coincidence that those cozy, tree-lined streets lead to a stunning coastline beach.

   
Oh, yes, in my dream neighborhood the kids can ride their bikes down the street... to the beach.


A beach that is quiet and quaint, and never crowded.


And a sailboat ride is just a breeze away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top