For most of this summer, I've been getting ready. 

Let me explain.  A few months back I got an e-mail from someone at a magazine saying that they looked in on my blog from time and time and asked if I would consider having my house photographed.  First, I never considered the possibility that magazines might be looking at our blogs. Second, I never thought for a second that my house was at a stage where "magazine" would even enter the same sentence.  And, finally, are you kidding me right now!?

This explains why the summer I was supposedly "taking off" was filled with project after project.   I've been getting ready.

Long story short, the e-mail was from someone at Meredith.com and they're shooting my house for a book entitled Better Homes and Gardens New Cottage Style.  It's an all-new edition of the very popular New Cottage Style released in 2005. 

Cover of 2005 Better Homes and Gardens New Cottage Style

The stylist for the shoot will be the amazing Stacy Kunstel.  I've been following her work for a while and I'm thrilled to have an opportunity to see her magic.  The photographer will be the incredibly talented Michael Partenio who shot Joan's house a few months back.  Be sure to check out Michael's portfolio.  You'll drool all over yourself.

The new book--I mean, MY new book--will be 192 pages of delicious cottage style and will coming out in June of 2012 and will be available in bookstores and online. 

I hope to take photos of the shoot in progress so you all can see them.  I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes of these photo shoots and seeing it happen in my own house, is almost like a dream.  So, excuse me, I have more getting ready to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top