I know this is a little lame post but I've been sick this week so this is all I've got.

A few weeks ago when I showed the Middle Bedroom, Razmataz said she thought my style reminded her of Tommy Smythe.  I know Tommy Smythe from Sarah's House (whose work I love) but I had never seen any of Tommy's work.  Everything I saw was great, especially this 180-square-foot apartment of Tommy's with black walls.


I really love this room.  I'm not sure I would have thought to pair black walls with darkly finished wood pieces but I think it's really handsome.


I probably would have deferred to a black and white color scheme but wood furniture seems to really glow and I love the use of the persian carpet and the graphic red and white quilt.

I've always wanted to have a room with dark walls but I feel one dark room might need to be balanced by other dark walls around the house to balance it out.

Here's a few other black-walled rooms that I love.


This one's a little monochromatic but I do love the vignette at the bottom of the bed.


I've seen this vignette all over blogland and pinterest lately.


Love.


Love, love, love.

I'm seeing black and orange a lot lately.


Here's a room from this year's Highpoint from my friend Carol's (formerly of Sofas and Sage) new blog House and Home Defined.  I've also always wanted an orange room....the color of Chicken Tikka Masala.


Great foo dog vignette.


I'd love to spend my weekends getting cat hair out of this rug.



This might be a really, really dark green...but nice room.


Since my ceilings are low, I think I'd lave to paint my base moldings black as well.  I do like the casings painted black and I've always loved black window mullions.


I think Mary McDonald's drapes... 



...would look great in this room.

Could you ever have a black room?

Or do you think they're better to look at than live with?

P.S. Oh, after the Tommy Smythe room, I stole all this stuff off Pinterest.  Pinterest makes it really easy to find inspiration photos.  I just searched black walls and I found all these places.

I said it was lame.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top