As the Holidays approach it can be very helpful to stock your home with everything you need to entertain at a moments notice.  For me, that means having Puff Pastry in the freezer.  

When I was catering I found it to be an irreplaceable ingredient that helped my business survive - I could make appetizers, dessert or breakfast in a pinch... that turned out beautifully!  There is something about golden, puffed glistening pastry that impresses everyone.

The best part about Puff Pastry is that it is virtually fool-proof.  Seriously.  It is very hard to mess up.  The recipes I've come to love merely enhance the already amazing flakey, buttery pastry.  For more recipes besides the ones I've featured here, visit the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry page for inspiration! 

These are some of my favorite Puff Pastry recipes for the Holidays :


Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe : Layers of Cinnamon and Brown Sugar in Flakey, Buttery Pastry topped with a Pecan Caramel Glaze... you won't believe how simple (and ah-mazing) these are!  If you're having house guests for Thanksgiving or Christmas, baking these in the morning would be a great way to wake them up.


Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Tartlets : Anytime you say "goat cheese" or "caramelized onions" you hear "ooohs" and "ahhhs" - can you imagine the reaction when you put them together on puff pastry?


Pain Au Chocolat Recipe : The famed French pastry of a buttery croissant filled with oozing chocolate.  Serve these in the morning, or after dinner with coffee - the not too sweet treat will be a welcome alternative to any heavy dessert.  You can put them in the oven just as you are finishing dinner.  In no time they will be ready to serve.


Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Pecans & Apples : Always the biggest hit at my dinner parties!  I love this combination of Caramelized Pecans, but you can add dried cranberries for a more "holiday" flavor.

*Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry is one of my Holiday Entertaining sponsors.  I approached them to join me in partnership this Holiday season because I LOVE their products and have relied on them for years to make my entertaining a success!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top