If you've stocked your freezer with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry this holiday season (as I highly recommend you do!), then you can whip up these ah-mazing Chocolate Croissants any morning of the week... though they are so special, I would save them for a party, if you can! 

I can't believe I had never attempted to make Pain au Chocolat before - it is always the first thing I go for at bakeries.  Homemade Croissants had been out of my capabilities, or so I thought.  Enter, Puff Pastry.  I don't know why I didn't think of it before!  The recipe is so simple.  Basically put chopped up chocolate in puff pastry, roll and bake.  Easy, elegant comfort food.  How perfect for the Holidays!

For More Puff Pastry Recipes for the Holidays, click here

Pain au Chocolat
from Puff Pastry, 6 Large Rolls

2 sheets of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (1 package)
6 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon of butter, softened
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Let the Puff Pastry thaw for 20 minutes before you unfold it. 

Fold out the puff pastry sheets, then cut them into three equal pieces.  You can easily do this by cutting down the fold marks.  Brush the pieces with softened butter.  Place 1/2 ounce of chocolate at the end of each piece, then roll once.  Add another 1/2 ounce of chocolate on the pastry, then roll again.  In a small bowl, beat an egg to create an egg wash.  Brush the end of the pastry with the egg wash to help seal, then finish rolling.  Brush the outside of the pastry with the egg wash.   Place on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 18-20 minutes until puffed and brown.  Serve immediately.










For More Puff Pastry Recipes for the Holidays, click here!  

*Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry is one of my Holiday Entertaining sponsors.  I approached them to join me in partnership this Holiday season because I LOVE their products and have relied on them for years to make my entertaining a success!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top