You might be thinking that this doesn't look like a New Years Eve photo.  Nope.  This photo is from Our Wedding 1 year and 2 months ago.  I've been saving this post for a couple of months - I knew I would need some posts during the first few weeks of Emma's life until we get the hang of everything.

This post about an Intimate Dinner for Two was actually our 1st anniversary dinner back in October, but I think it is a great menu for New Years Eve.  If you're like us, you'll be staying in this year - maybe you're having a small intimate dinner party, or maybe it will be just the two of you.  Either way, this menu is simple and special - it is our favorite meal to prepare at home.  Wait... I mean, it is our favorite meal at home or anywhere else!


Mike is so thoughtful - he had a florist in Concord (Winston Flowers) create a bouquet in our wedding colors... pale powder blue, white and cream.  Smelling the garden roses brought me right back to that day in Seaside.    










Seared Filet of Beef
Homemade Tagliatelle Pasta with White Truffle Cream Sauce

I served our dinner on our powder blue Anna Weatherly wedding china - I wanted to stick with the wedding color scheme that Mike started.

As I've said time and time again, homemade pasta is so simple.  If you've never had it - there is really nothing like fresh pasta.  We made homemade tagliatelle pasta in a light cream sauce with truffle butter. 

Some folks are scared to prepare steaks at home - especially indoors.  Searing steaks in a pan is my favorite way to prepare them.  In fact, I've stopped ordering steaks at restaurants because I'm always disappointed... they're never as good as the ones we fix at home.  It is so simple.  If you can make a grilled cheese, then you can make a perfectly seared steak.

Here is the recipe and my tips for searing steaks at home!


Tiramisu for Two

Tiramisu is Mike's favorite dessert - right up there with chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cake (from a box....).  I make a really simple and quick version for us - all you need to be able to do is make whipped cream.  No cooking involved!

Tiramisu Recipe, click here!

Stay tuned in the next couple of days for the recipes and step-by-step instructions for this menu!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top