Since moving to Concord almost a year ago, I've come to love so many of the local businesses and resources (like Verrill Farm that I wrote about last week).  High on the list is Winston Flowers.  There are five other locations in the Boston area, but it is far from a 'chain' florist.


What I love most about Winston is that it feels like a flower market.  All of the blooms are displayed in the front of the store in masses - giant bunches of daffodils, tulips, muscari and blooming branches for Spring.


I love that most of their flowers are seasonal - except for the $15/dozen roses that are handy to pick up for any occasion.



I know when I walk in the store it will give me that feeling of Spring, the Holidays, Autumn... or whatever the season might be.


They foster my love of potted plants with their selection of planted daffodils, ferns and other botanicals with unique containers.  Look at how everything is displayed - I would love a greenhouse or a workshop that looks like this someday... maybe a project for my sun porch? 



I get so much inspiration when I go in - little ways to display blooms, and ideas for centerpieces and tables.  I've purchase several of their pots and come in on a regular basis to get the seasonal plant that fits in that particular container - one of my favorite things to do when we have a guest coming to stay with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top