Click image to go to Shoot Fly Shoot DSLR camera online photography classes website

One of things that blogging has enabled me to do is work on my photography skills.  I've really enjoyed experimenting with my camera to improve photos of my interior, vignettes and occasional food posts but there's always room for improvement, right?



I thought I'd let you know about:

Click link to go to website


 ...Shoot Fly Shoot, a website and blog, that helps the helpless when it comes to improving your photography.  The brainchild of photographers Kevin Palmer and Josh Moates, Shoot Fly Shoot has just started the first of what I hope will be several online classes in photography, film and Photoshop.  If the name Kevin Palmer isn't immediately familiar, you'll most likely recognize him as half of "Kevin and Layla" from The Lettered Cottage.  I dont' think there could be any better testimonial for this course than the wonderful photographs we've all enjoyed on their blog. 

ShootFlyShoot.com



The "classes" are all video which was great for me because my eyes typically glaze over when I start reading about this stuff.  The Photography 101 workshop is for beginners and focuses on getting your DSLR camera off the automatic setting to improve your photographs.  They use a Canon Rebel 5D (I believe) for their demonstrations and actually show you how and where to change each of the settings.  It would be a bonus if you had a Canon camera but the settings they talk about are universal enough that it shouldn't be a problem if you have another make and model unless you have a simple point and shoot.

The lessons in the Photography 101 class are:

  • Exposure
  • ISO
  • Aperture
  • Shutter Speed
  • Metering
  • Lenses
  • Equipment
  • (Beginner) Interior Photography
  • (Beginner) Portrait Photography
  • (Beginner) Product Photography
  • (Beginner) Landscape Photography
Each of the lessons builds on the next so if you're the kind of person that needs to have things repeated several times before you absorb them, that's built in to the program.

The cost of the Photography 101 workshop is $69 and I would say it was a great value.  They say that's an introductory price so I'm not sure it that will change at some point.  You'd really have to take a course somewhere to get what's packed into this video series.  Once you purchase the course, you can watch it as many times as you want.

Shoot Fly Shoot also has a blog and a camera shop that has recommendations for cameras and lenses  at "good" "better" and "best" price points.

I really enjoyed the course and I'm really inspired to upgrade my equipment put some of what I learned to use.  I should also add that I am not being compensated in any way for this post.  Some of you have expressed an interest in taking better photographs and thought you would appreciate knowing about it.

                  Check out Shoot Fly Shoot by clicking on the icon below:

ShootFlyShoot.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top