Our Impromptu Picnic on the Beach
Part 2 of my Mother's Day weekend

As I was enjoying my Lobster Roll at Brimfield (Mike had a pulled pork sandy- you can take a boy outta KC...) I said, 'It is so nice out today - would be great to be at the beach.
 

An hour later, we were.


 It was really one of those surreal moments - as all moments are when you first get to the ocean.  You forget how massive it is.  Each time I get near a beach, I get that oh so small feeling that feels oh so good.


We stopped by a marina-front seafood shop and picked up dinner, picked up a bottle of wine in town and took our blanket (that hosted two picnics in one day...) down to the Duxbury beach.  As you might remember, we've been here before during the Fall- I called it a beachfront Home Alone neighborhood.

 

Emma was mesmerized by the sound and the waves as they crashed in.



  Through the eyes of a child...


Oh, those eyes.
 

We lounged.  Walked.  We chatted.



We played.  


Until sunset.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top