These Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp Skewers were a Summer staple for me as a caterer- always one of the first things to go.  After I had served these a couple of times I had to raise the price of these on my menus because I was having to prepare so many of them to keep up with the demand of the guests... I never wanted to run out of anything.  

As I've mentioned before, I'm a stickler for making sure that everything on my menus goes well with each other... I find that these are much better to serve at a party than traditional shrimp cocktail because the flavors of the herbs and lemon go much better with a drink and other menu items than a strongly flavored ketchup based cocktail sauce.  They are perfect party food- flavorful, elegant, easy to prepare in advance and easy to eat.

This recipe was inspired by a Barefoot Contessa recipe - she served them as a main course with pesto pasta... also one of my favorite ways to enjoy them. 

You can find the skewers, here, that make these look great and perfect for a party.

Lemon Basil 
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
4 appetizer portions

1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
2 lemons, juiced
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 teaspoons of sea salt
1 teaspoon of cracked pepper
bamboo skewers

In a bowl, combine garlic, basil, parsley, dijon, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.  Combine well with a fork.  Add shrimp and toss.  If time allows, let the shrimp marinate for 1 hour or over night.



Soak wooden skewers in water for 1 hour.  Skewer shrimp onto the sticks.  Grill for 1 minute on each side until pink.  Serve warm, at room temperature, or refrigerate and serve cold.  If the weather isn't cooperating for the grill, they can also be prepared in the oven- just roast them at 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes. 


For the complete menu and all of the recipes from my Ladies Night Patio Party, click here!

Stop by Everyday Occasions, The Store for more of my favorite entertaining essentials that make entertaining easy.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top