Yesterday I spent the day in my car fighting pre-holiday traffic to pick up something in Maine. I made a special trip through a wonderful historic town (just so you could see it!) and I'll share some of the photos in another post. 

The first time I went to Snug Harbor Farm, I was admiring these large stones that I saw in a few places around the farm.  The way this one is placed, it's almost like a little area rug inside the gate.  I love the effect.  I thought they were some kind of huge millstone but it turns out they're old well covers.




One of the shops I frequently visit has had a collection of well covers that I've admired for the past year.  I'd love to use one as a "landing" at the bottom of my back porch steps.  Fill the hole with soil and plant moss or thyme, and I think it would look awesome.


Some of them even have a flat edge that would fit perfectly up against a set of stairs.

They're a little big to fit in your trunk but the store will deliver and set them right into place.

I wonder if they have a layway plan?




On my way back from Maine, I zipped over to Rockport to pick up a painting I fell in love with a few weeks ago.  I put a moratorium on art buying but I couldn't stand the idea of it going to someone else's home.  I've always found this artist's work very inspiring and this painting really has really sparked my desire to pursue artwork again.  I'll do post on his work sometime soon to see what you think about it.

Anyway, I had my camera with me so I thought I take another photo of Motif #1.


Here's what it looked like when I was there last month.

Rockport Harbor.
And here it was yesterday.  No fuzzy edges on things.  Even though the town is now teeming with tourists, and there is some dude to my right with a camera much nicer than mine, the photos give the feeling of complete stillness and solitude.

I was on the road for six hours.  I'm happy to be staying at home for the holiday.

What are you up to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top