As our time in the Boston area is coming to a close, we are checking off the last "to-do's" before we say "ta-ta."  In my daydreaming head I always thought Emma and I would make our way into Boston every now and again to spend the day shopping in the Beacon Hill boutiques and stroll in the Public Garden. 

Like most well-intentioned daydreams, it seemed to never come to fruition.  How is it that it always seems like the days are too short, but at the same time can sometimes be way too long?  Instead of surrendering to the same ole' outings to target and story time, yesterday Emma and I finally made it "into town."  We made plans!

We started with some shopping, then strolling through the park, a visit with a friend, then dinner with more friends and their baby.

Left : Emma and I at the "Make Way for the Ducklings" bronze duckling sculptures in the Boston Public Gardens.  As it was just Emma and I spending some mommy and me time, I had an onlooking grandma that was taking photos of her own grandson take this pic of Emma and I with my phone.


Emma and the Ducklings

About the Ducklings :

The "Make Way for Ducklings" book was published in 1941 and tells the story of a pair of mallard ducks who decide to raise their family on an island in the Boston Public Garden lagoon.  It won the 1942 Caldecott Metal and is the official children's book of Massachusetts. 

The ducklings draw quite a crowd in the garden, to say the least.


The bronze ducklings are in the background as Emma is more fascinated with the grass.  I highly recommend introducing your children to grass at an early age... every time we try to take photos outside, she is more into the grass than smiling at the camera.  


And her dress.  She loved her dress.  I love that she loved her dress.  And I loved the dress.


And I love her baby eyelashes.  Perfect.


Sweet girl.



Adventurous girl!


Back in the grass and happy!


Did I mention she started crawling this week?   Let the fun begin...


After the park we met up with her Daddy at a friend's home in Back Bay.


Emma was thrilled with crawling for about 12 hours, and is now only satisfied when she's standing.  Especially in her crib... which nearly scared me to death when I went in her room the other morning to find her smiling at me over the rail like a big girl.


After a visit at our friends, we headed to dinner in Beacon Hill to meet some more friends visiting from back home.  Emma, meet Lucca.  


Fast friends.   I planned her parents' wedding 4 years ago.  I'll share photos of it someday.  It was really something (if I may say so myself!).


Okay, here is just one, because I can't resist!


Ok, one more!

Back to the babies...



Fast asleep, conveniently right when we hurried out of the restaurant and took another stroll through the park. 


I asked Mike if he thought Emma was comfortable enough in her stroller.  He laughed.


Since the girls had decided to hit the hay, we decided to go for a night cap of our own...


At the Four Seasons.  Funny how a couple of years ago a night cap would have been cocktails until 2am.  Now, it is Prosecco (to celebrate that the babies are sleeping) and a giant piece of chocolate cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top