We are finally at a point in our living room where we can actually sit and put our feet up.  We are not all the way finished, as we still have artwork and prints to hang (and decide where to put them) and I have a couple of other pieces that I'm in search of.  I'm very pleased with how it has come together - thank goodness.  After all of the thought, shopping, debating, thinking, shopping and finally purchasing, I actually like it!

You can look back at my inspiration board and original post to see what I had in mind and where I ended up : http://jennysteffens.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-new-living-room-design-board-great.html

Still to-do : 

-Hang Drapes
-Hang Artwork (waiting on a delivery I'm very excited about!)
-Find console table for entry way (for mail, keys, etc.)
-Joozsh (as Carson Kressley would say...)
 

As you might remember, we kept our original sofa (ordered from clubfurniture.com) that is upholstered in a natural belgium linen.  We also kept this leather chair that I bought from a designer in KC 3 years ago.  The end tables are new - I love the chunky turned legs and the slightly distressed black finish.  



The two wing back chairs from Restoration Hardware work great by the fireplace as I had originally planned.  I was really worried that there wasn't going to be enough room between the entryway and the fireplace.

I love our new TV (LG 47" Smart TV).  I gave Mike the reins on it and he did an excellent job of picking out the perfect size and style so it would fit in without sticking out... and he installed it and was able to hide the wiring.  Yep, no cable box or cords in sight!


I have a couple of Fall touches peeking in here and there for some seasonal color... a Cinderella sitting by the fire.


A bunch of wheat on the mantle.  And, still loving the TV.



My order of wool blankets came last week and I'm thrilled.  I am still waiting on a couple more...  The pillow is from RH.


The new ottoman is the perfect soft centerpiece for Emma to make her way around.  I ordered it from RH in their indoor/outdoor fabric so it will hold up to stains really well.  It cost a little extra and took a little extra time, but it looks and feels just like our real belgium linen sofa.


Now we need gas logs for our fireplace!


Another little pumpkin peeking through!  

Stay tuned for more updates on the house.  We've been hard at work on the kitchen and hope to share our DIY update soon!

1 comments:

 
Top