Image:  Serena & Lily, Hero bed with Wyeth duvet
Blogger friend Carol Beck and I took a ride up to Zimman's Fabrics in Lynn last weekend.  She's working on a new project that I'll tell you more about later and I wanted to find some fabric to make the "suit" to slipcover my bed.  I've heard people rave about Zimman's for years and it didn't disappoint.


There were plenty of really gorgeous fabrics that would have fit the bill--in fact, a little overwhelming--but unsure I'm going to be able to pull this off, I was a little hesitant to spend the $40 to $80 a yard. 



I did a little searching on ebay and found this herringbone plaid for only $8 a yard and there's a few extra yards that I can remake something if I mess it up.



Here it is draped over the headboard next to the new drapes and a white
pillow cover just for reference.

I think it will be perfect.


So I'm disassembling the old cover so I can cut similar pieces
that I'll pin together on the piece before sewing it.



It's this end piece that has a slight curve to it that will be the biggest challenge I think.



If I sew this label in to my piece, will it give it more credibility?

I had hoped to have this done by Thanksgiving but a terrible ear infection has left
me feeling like I should be kicking back a little bit.

I should be on the mend soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top