Here is a peek around our house just before Christmas!  Last night Santa (a.k.a. Mike's parents!) made a stop at our house and left this antique sleigh complete with red and robins egg blue paint - isn't it perfect?

I filled our urns with sprigs of cedar and piles of ornaments (non glass, but glass-looking).  The glittered ones look so great and sparkly at night.



Our tree, a Frasier Fir, is decked with upholstery strapping and ornaments, as always.


All of the gifts (but one from Mike to Emma) are wrapped in brown paper and satin ribbon.  I know brown kraft paper is really popular right now, but I've loved it for as long as I can remember.  For the last 30 years my Aunt Lisa has wrapped gifts in her signature craft paper and plaid ribbon.  At some point, maybe 15 years ago, I adopted her wrapping style.



Emma loves to unstack and re-stack the presents.   She particularly loves the packages with the red satin ribbons, which happen to be hers... smart girl!  Maybe she can read her name written on the packages in gold sharpie.


I love this pillow featuring a vintage woody wagon that I picked up at Pottery Barn.


The mantle has fake (gasp!) white pine sprigs with real magnolia leaves inserted in it.


I love the combo of the two AND the real magnolia leaves seem to make the fake pine look real.  Bonus.


A bay leaf wreath in the kitchen.



Potted paperwhites in the kitchen.


Packaged snowflake cookies ready for delivery.


A Bay Leaf Wreath in the dinning room.


A tree in our bedroom dormer.


Merry Christmas, Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top