A few weeks ago, Mike and I spent a much needed weekend away in Vail, Co. for some skiing, relaxing and indulging.  Since this was our first time away from Miss Emma, we decided to keep it short and sweet - two nights.  Sixty hours total, to be specific.

Even though the trip was short, we tried to cram in as much as possible... while stilling focusing on it being a weekend to relax and rejuvenate ourselves.

Three (short) years ago, we got engaged in Aspen.  We try to do a ski trip every year, last year we went to Vermont when we were living in New England.  From Kansas City, Colorado is definitely the spot to go for skiing.  We love Colorado - the air is fresh and mood is sooo laid back. We tried to plan this trip to be just as special as our weekend in Aspen.

Here I am in Vail Village - so quaint and charming.




This is our hotel, The Four Seasons, Vail.  It was the perfect spot.


The entire hotel was soooo cozy and nice - roaring fires and big leather chairs at every turn.    
(photo: courtesy of Four Seasons)


This was the Fireside Lounge, where we spent mornings sipping on cappuccinos and the evenings on hot chocolate.


We started our first morning off with a river stone massage at the spa in the hotel.  I've had plenty of massages in the past, but I have never experienced anything like this - the hot stones were incredible.  Mike is still talking about it!
(photo: courtesy of Four Seasons)


The hotel was very grand, but so warm.  I always take notes about light fixtures and...


Artwork.  I love him!  They had several similar paintings from this collection throughout. 


Welcome to our room!  Yes, another cozy fireplace.
 

A soaking tub.



Prosecco and nespresso!  I'm adding a pixi nespresso to my christmas list... We had them in our hotel rooms in Italy on our honeymoon, and Mike's parents have one, too - I'm hooked!  And yes, prosecco is always a must.



Pre-skiing breakfast of champions : Dutch Baby.  I'm anxious to attempt to recreate it.



First ride up...



Mountain side!  Ahhh - I can still smell the fresh snow air...



Here is our mountaintop lunch at The 10th, a new restaurant at MidVail - look at that view!  




 The sky was so bright that I couldn't get a good photo that showed us and the view...  bad photog skills : )


 I love fine dining in ski gear... especially when seafood bouillabaisse is on the menu.


After skiing we headed down the hot tub.  Yep, another roaring fire.



 We headed in to town for dinner - the entire village is decked for the holidays.   The covered bridge reminds me of Vermont...


See the giant moon!


We had dinner at Sweet Basil, per the recommendation of our neighbor.  Such a good spot!   I had a pecorino and pear tortellini with kale and a lemon foam.  Very delicious.


Mike had fabulous 24 hour braised veal cheeks.  Oh my was this good!


For dessert we had a sticky toffee pudding.  The Barefoot Contessa has shown this on her website - I can't wait to try it again.


A relaxing and food inspiring weekend - great vacation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top