Well, I'm back in business.  After trying to "clean up" my computer in an effort to be more organized this year, I actually accidentally deleted all of the photos on my computer that I've ever taken in my entire life.  Oops.   I have spent the last couple of days recovering files... I'm back and I'm happy to say that I think I have most of what I need back!  Sorry for leaving you high and dry for the last couple of days!  Now, let's get back to it - I have the perfect place to start.


This post is part of my "A Month with The Barefoot Contessa" project.  To read all about the project and to find the index of posts for the project, click here.

Meatloaf.  Mike has a new favorite dinner... which is huge.  He LOVED this meatloaf.  He is a great judge on the authenticity, because he actually had the original at 1770 House in East Hampton when we were there last year (and seated by Ina Garten herself - I think I've mentioned that a time or two...)

Luckily, Ina has put the entire recipe for this meatloaf on her site, BarefootContessa.com.



From the recipe, that calls for 3 pounds of meat, I made two loafs instead of 1 large one.  I used 2 pounds of beef and 1 pound of ground pork, because my grocery store does not carry ground veal, per the recipe.  It turned out just fine.


The garlic sauce was really special - Mike when especially crazy for it.  It basically consists of cooking the garlic in oil for 10 minutes, then cooking it with chicken stock for 30 minutes, then mashing the garlic into the condensed stock... with a little butter.  


I served it with Mashed Potatoes (here is my recipe, The BEST Mashed Potatoes!) and Green Beans Gremolata from The Barefoot's Foolproof


I LOVED this recipe.  It has parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon zest - a really nice way to prepare green beans.  

 

Another great meal from The Barefoot Contessa!

This post is part of my "A Month with The Barefoot Contessa" project.  To read all about the project and to find the index of posts for the project, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top