This post is part of my "A Month with The Barefoot Contessa" project.  To read all about the project and to find the index of posts for the project, click here.

 


Salted Caramel treats have been around for quite a while, but that doesn't make them any less delicious!  I featured Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes on this blog 2 years ago...  funny to look at those old photos!

I love how the Barefoot Contessa featured Salted Caramel Brownies in her new book - she doesn't reinvent the wheel.  She uses her own classic brownie recipe for Outrageous Brownies, then recommends that they be topped with a drizzle of store-bought caramel sauce, then flaked sea salt.  That's right, its not really a new recipe, but a new excuse to make brownies.... who doesn't need that?!

I made a half batch of my favorite brownie recipe and made it in an 8x8 pan.  My recipe is a combination of Martha Stewart's and the Barefoot Contessa's recipe.  It uses melted chocolate chips for a rich chocolate flavor.  I don't use extra chocolate chips, as Ina recommends, because I like the brownies to be soft and smooth inside, similar to chocolate truffles... as the name I gave them suggests : Chocolate Truffle Brownies.  If you use a box mix, which is great, too, the entire box will work great in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan, but as I mentioned, I made half of a batch of my homemade recipe.

 

Brownies baked in my favorite brownie pan - Golden Touch 8x8 Pan from Williams-Sonoma, $26.


I made my Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce - a lot easier than you would think.


Pour = Yum


Read to salt.

Be sure to be generous with the salt.  Thirty seconds later...


Approved!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top