As I mentioned when I posted the official "after" of the DIY Bathroom Refresh, I should start by explaining that this is our only bathroom upstairs. In fact, it is our only full bath in the entire house. So... everyone is doing everything in this tiny bathroom. Emma's taking bubble baths, I'm blow drying my hair or putting on makeup (let's face it, like, once a week...) and Mike is shaving - all in this itsy-bitsy bathroom. When we do the addition on our house (next Spring!) it will include a master bath (and fancy closet!), but for the meantime - this is it.

We didn't want to spend much money or time, knowing that this is only our main bathroom for a short while, but it was majorly bugging me in its previous dingy state. So, we freshened the bathroom by papering the walls with a paintable "beadboard" wallpaper. We saved money by keeping the current vanity, but on putting a fresh coat of paint to match the trim in the rest of the house (Navajo White in Satin) and added new fancy polished nickel hardware. We did spend some money (but not much!) on a new vanity mirror, faucet and vanity top.

Keep reading >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top