When you think of backyard entertaining, burgers or steaks are usually on the menu.  If the crowd is right I like to take a fresher approach and serve pasta with Homemade Pesto Sauce
and Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp.



I served this same shrimp as an appetizer last year at my Ladies Night Patio Party, and the year before as an entree with grilled corn on the cob and asparagus

You can use any pesto for the pasta that you like - it is so much easier to make than you'd think!  The basil in my garden is not quite ready to harvest, so I bought a huge bunch to use at Trader Joes for just a couple of dollars.  I like the put the hot pasta in a big bowl straight from the pasta water and toss it with the pesto - the heat takes a little bit of the edge off of the fresh basil and raw garlic.



Recipes :

Homemade Pesto Sauce

Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp

Do you have any grilling favorites other than the standard steaks and burgers?  I'm needing inspiration... the new grill needs to be put to use!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top