Saturday was moving day.  Well, sort of.

I rented a U-Haul to make the rounds and pick up everything for the bathroom.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen some of these photos.
 
 
 
The warehouse for the plumbing supplies is in a really industrial area
alongside the Mass. Turnpike in a wonky building that seems held together
only by the 100 layers of paint.
 

 
Inside, you're taken to another time and location...
a place you might go to buy plumbing supplies if you lived
in "The Secret Life of Bees."  May might have hidden her
notes in the cracks of this old knotty pine wall.

 

 
It even had the girly calendar.  Who knew they still made them?!
 
I packed up my toilet, and sink, and faucets and lights...
 

 
...and was off to Darby Road to pick up my vanity table
where I admired the details of this beautiful pine chest.
 
 
 
And then buzzed back into Boston to look for a salvaged door
for the bathroom at Olde Bostonian.  It's not nearly as large as
Old House Parts in Maine but you might get lucky and
the prices are much better. I found the perfect door
with the perfect little lock for the bathroom.
 
And I drove home with my new bathroom packed in the van
and unloaded it into my dining room.
 
 
 
I couldn't wait to set the sink up on the table to see
what it might look like when it's done.
 
The wooden top will come off to make a lower shelf for
a basket or two of towels and I'll have a new top made out
of marble.  I still need to go look for a remnant.
 
(The sink will sit flat on the surface but there's a drain that's
holding it right now.)


 
And remember the toilet I chose with the clipped corners?
This is the top of the toilet tank that shows that detail matches the clipped
corners on the vanity table.  I'll have that replicated on the new stone top as well.
 
It's either utter genius or complete overkill.  I'm not sure which.
 
 
  
 
 
If you haven't already don't forget to leave a comment for the 6 Wilson pillow giveaway.
 
We will pick a winner at 6:00 Sunday Eastern time and will announce a winner Sunday evening.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top