***Update : The winner is Morgan!  You can read her story below in the comments section.  Morgan - please send me an email (jenny@jennysteffens.com) and we can arrange the delivery of your new pair of shoes (or gift card)!

............

Lately, I've been keeping a mental (and Pinterest...) list of several new pairs of shoes I need.  Last year I bid goodbye to my trusty gold driving loafers that I had had forever... they were in rough shape and Mike finally broke it to me that they were no longer something I should wear out of the house.  Since then I've had a major hole in my casual shoe wardrobe.  I hadn't been able to find a replacement that I were reasonable enough for me to actually wear on a daily basis... until, I came across these from C. Wonder for $98.  Under $100?  Perfect.  But, I've been waffling...

Now that it is officially summer, that hole has been filled by my trusty Jack Roger Navajos...






So, I keep debating... Do I really need loafers in June?  I mean, it is not that big of a deal - only $100.  At least they aren't the Tory Burch loafers I had originally had my eye on... Maybe I should wait for Fall.  

As this mental debate has waffled around my head for the past few weeks, I came across others also searching for shoes...


Every time I sit down at my computer to go ahead and make the purchase of those new driving loafers, this little note keeps flashing in my mind....  

"We especially need women's athletic shoes."

These are not ladies that need driving loafers or ballet flats to wear to drop her kids off at daycare so she can run errands, or have something new and fresh for date night, these are women that need comfortable shoes so they can work.  On their feet all day long.  So they can show up for a new job (or interview) and feel good about how they look and be comfortable - and make a life for themselves and their children.  

The long row of multiple colors of ballet flats, flip flops, running shoes, tennis shoes, uggs, house shoes, heels, loafers and boots in my closet have haunted me since I saw this note.

I don't know about you, but I'm most moved when I hear something specific - we all remember when Oprah asked her audience to donate children's pajamas to her foundation.  The thought of sweet little children that didn't have a pair of pajamas to put on at night (much less multiple outfits to wear to school the next day) moved so many mothers to help pitch in.  So many of us want to help, but to often we're not to sure how.  

So, here's the fun part.  I'm going to help you help others... then I'm going to help you, again.   Donate to one of my favorite (or your own) Women's Charities, and you're entered to win a new pair of shoes (featured above...) from ME!  You can choose from the C.Wonder Drivers, Jack Roger Navajos or a $100 gift card from J.Crew.

There are two options...


Step 1 : Purchase shoes (like above or something similar) and have them shipped directly to : 

Attn : Ladies We Respect!
6604 East 12th Street
Kansas City, MO 64126-2208

Step 2 :  Comment below and include the following:

 -Confirm that you have purchased the shoes and had them shipped!
- Share a small story about how shoes have helped you feel great at some point in your life. 
-Share which pair of shoes you want ME to buy YOU - the Jack Rogers Navajo, J.Crew $100, or C.Wonder Driving Loafers. 

OR

Step 1 : Donate a monetary donation (of ANY amount!) to a Women's Charity : 


Step 2 :  Comment below and include the following:

-Confirm that you have made a donation (no need to share how much)!
-Share a small story about how shoes have helped you feel great at some point in your life. 
-Share which pair of shoes you want ME to buy YOU - the Jack Rogers Navajo, J.Crew $100, or C.Wonder Driving Loafers. 

*These are local KC charities, so please feel free to donate to a local charity in your area - I just wanted to make it easy if you didn't know of a local charity... after all, ladies are ladies, am I right, ladies?  

At random, I will select the winner of my gift from the comments!  I will make the announcement on the blog NEXT WEDNESDAY, June 18th!  Please check back then to claim your prize.

Please pin to help spread the word:
.....

I'm so excited to be doing this on my blog - it is a new area for me, but something that is going to make this blog a true extension of the life I hope to lead... helping everyone make Everyday Occasions special.

Jenny

PS - normal well wishing comments are also welcome, as always!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top