This is one of our favorite summer suppers.  I use heirloom tomatoes when I can find them... mine still have a good 30 days before they'll be ready in my raised bed garden.  They are worth the extra money and hunt - the flavor and smooth texture is incomparable to a regular grocery store tomato. 

The B.A.T.
serves 4


1 pound of bacon
2 pounds of tomatoes*
2 avocados
mayo
italian or country white bread
sea salt & pepper

I cook bacon by baking it in the oven at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  It works great if you cook them on a baking rack on a baking sheet, so the fat can drain.

Spread each slice with mayonnaise, then tomatoes + sea salt & pepper.  Next, add bacon then avocados. 

The best way to bake bacon!


Final product.  Creamy avocado, sweet juicy tomatoes, and crispy salty bacon.  As I said, the best summer supper. 


Emma's not quite ready for bacon sandwiches yet, so I made her Tomato & Avocado Flowers.



"May-toes" as Emma calls them.  She was entertained for at least 30 seconds, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top