This is the first of four Fall table settings I'm going to share this week.   I'm using my favorite basics, mixing and matching them with seasonal pumpkins and gourds, then accenting with candles from my Fall Color Collection.

  I love this one - it is a brighter and more colorful table than I typically do.  In years past, I gravitated toward the heirloom pumpkins that come in the pastel colors like white, light blue and green.

 
 This year I've been drawn to this rich, deep orange color mixed with gold candles.  I'm also in the process or making two different shades of orange linen pillows... coming soon.


The natural linen napkins with the grey and black stripes are the perfect way to bring in a neutral accent to help tone it down a bit. 


I filled the Warm Wood Berry Baskets with mini pumpkins - I also think these would look fabulous all the way down a long table, too... maybe the kids table for Halloween or Thanksgiving?!


As you can see, just outside our dining room table is our porch (one of my favorite things about this house).  I've added orange mums to my rustic Napa Home & Garden pots.

I like the mum a little oversized, planted in a smaller container - I think it gives it an elegant shape.  

Centerpieces don't have to be flowers and they don't have to be complicated.  I use this bowl every season (Match Pewter - a wedding gift... remember it filled with pansies in the spring?) - try to find a good staple piece in your home that you can transform each season. 

I am obsessed with this new round board I got at Nell Hills (a KC favorite).  It was only about $25 and I've already used it in 10 different ways... you'll be seeing a lot of it : )  And, of course, my favorite class candle holders from Target - they hold pillars and tapers.


With all of the bright colors, the plain white plates that I've had for years (Williams-Sonoma Pantry) look great.  The glasses are my favorite from Sur La Table.

Stay tuned this week for more table setting ideas using simple accents and seasonal pumpkins and gourds... such a fun challenge to transform the same things into something different each day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top