Welcome to our "Fall-ized" home.  I added sprigs of bittersweet to a simple wreath that always hangs on our door.  The deep red-orange color of these berries has really attracted me this season, so I've used it several places in our home to create a bright pop of color against our mostly neutral palette.


The second pop of orange is the linen pillow I made for the sofa.


I've recently made a couple of new purchases for this room from a Barbara Cosgrove sample sale.  Barbara is from Kansas City and her daughter happens to be one our neighbors. 


I purchased this fabulously simple and elegant brass table.  I won't tell you what a steal-of-a-deal it was... but let's just say I couldn't have purchased a knockoff from Target any cheaper.


My second purchase was this pair of lamps.  Barbara helped me select these based on a photo I showed her of my living room.  I love the larger scale - my old ones look ity-bity in comparison.  She said the most common mistake is using shades that are too small.



I love a cozy sofa full of pillows.


I made this pillow with a half yard of "pumpkin" linen I purchased from Nell Hills.



These are a fun new addition to the store for for Halloween.


Here are some of the pumpkins Emma picked last weekend.  We have quite the collection of small pumpkins - she loved that she could carry them all by herself.  Isn't that stem fabulous?


My third purchase from the sale - I'm obsessed with this pair of artichoke lamps. 


I put them on the mantle for now, but I'd love to have them on a console table at some point. 



Here is a view of the room coming back from the dining room.



And the room complete with a peek at Emma's shopping cart in the corner and her lamb chair.


The dining room sporting another pop of the deep orange.


 Our boots.

 
Just outside the dining room on the side porch - I've moved my herbs from the garden to make them more easily accessible.


I love this framed print of our wedding day - Mike had it done (picked it out all by himself) for our first anniversary.


The view upon entering our bedroom.


Another orange linen pillow - this one embroidered with our monogram.


Thanks for taking my little tour - Happy Fall decorating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top