"Homemade" Truffle Fries

For the dinner party we had last weekend, I served these Baked Truffle Parmesan Fries with Roasted Beef Tenderloin and Cabernet & Thyme Mushrooms.  It was one of my favorite meals to date.  The thing that makes me dream about Steak Frites is how the fries soak up the simple wine sauce usually served with the steak - in this case the Cabernet sauce that the mushrooms had simmered in all day long.  Ahh.  

I'm a complete fool for candle light, a big glass of red wine, steak and fries soaking up that fabulous sauce.   My favorite "restaurant" dinners are at small, cozy bistros that "get it" and serve dinners just like these.  If Steak Frites (Steak & Fries) is on the menu, it is usually what I order... or Moules Frites (Mussels & Fries), if I'm in the mood for seafood.  But, for some reason at home, anytime we make steak I serve it with mashed or roasted potatoes - I forget about fries.  Or, maybe it is that fries seem too daunting to make.  Don't you need a deep frier for that?  

I came across a recipe for "Italian Fries" in Lucinda Scala Quinn's cookbook, Mad Hungry.  The recipe calls for peeling and cutting potatoes into fries, then baking them layered with herbs and Romano cheese.  I decided that this would be a fabulous addition to our dinner party - but instead of Italian herbs, I thought I'd add truffle oil and parmesan to make them a little more ala French Bistro.  

The day of the party, I was all geared up to peel and cut potatoes... then I got very lazy.  I found myself with a bag of russet potatoes in one hand while I was browsing the freezer section.   I found some really good frozen french fry options - all-natural, sea salt fries that had already been perfectly cut and par-cooked.  In the interest of relaxed entertaining (and not being exhausted before the party began) I decided to just jazz those up and make a fabulous dinner. 

However, if you would like to peel and cut your own fries (which I'm sure I'll opt for at some point when I have more time), the recipe is exactly the same.

Don't you like this shapely little platter?  It just might be a sneak peek of what's to come to the store in a couple of weeks...

"Homemade" Baked  
Truffle Fries



Get my Printable Recipes, here.

Frozen Fries (or russet potatoes peeled and cut)
Truffle Oil
Parmesan cheese
Thyme
Sea Salt & Pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (or how directed on the package).    


Drizzle truffle oil on a baking sheet, then add fries - overlapping is fine.


Drizzle again with truffle oil, then sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese. 


Bake as directed - for about 30 minutes.  


Remove from oven, drizzle more truffle oil, generously salt with sea salt, and sprinkle parmesan cheese.



Pile onto a serving platter and top with fresh thyme as a garnish.


Here is everything ready to go into the oven pre-party last Friday night.  I baked the tenderloin for 1 hour at 275 first, then raised the heat to 425 and baked the roasted carrots and fries for 30 minutes.  It was such an easy dinner to prepare... especially with frozen fries.   Read all of the details about the party, here.  Roasted Carrots recipe coming tomorrow.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top