The weather (around here at least) is finally beautiful, the mornings are crisp, the afternoons sunny and the birds have returned - and if that wasn't proof enough, yesterday was the official first day of Spring.  Emma's been on Spring break this week, so I spent much of last week taking photos of products and uploading them to the store during naps this week.  Thank for being patient with me as the blog has been quite for too long.  I look forward to sharing many of the recipes and projects I've been working on in the next couple of weeks.  I have lots of tutorials planned (perfect icing colors, per your request) and new recipes.  


The Everyday Occasions Store
Spring Collection

You can find all of the products that are new for Spring, here, the photo to the left is just a small snapshot.  I've picked out a couple more of my favorites below, but I'll be featuring many of the products in the next couple of weeks with some recipes, entertaining ideas and homemade gifts.



 Willow Vase & Votive Collection

I'm personally so excited about the Willow collection.  The Large Willow Vase shown here is everything I love about accessories for our home - simple, natural and pretty.  It is be perfect for any season.  I love how yellow daffodils look with the wood willow branches on the vase - to me it is exactly how this time of year feels when the bare branches of winter mix with the first Spring blooms.  I also can't wait to have it full of blue hydrangeas in the summer.  

In addition to this Large Willow Vase, I also am carrying a set of two Medium Size Vases, and a set of 6 Votives.  They look great used together or mixed in with your own collections.


Spring Copper Cookie Cutters

Cookie Cutters have become my new favorite item to think about for each season of the store.  For years, I've always looked forward to decorating cookies each season, now I look forward to being able to share that tradition with all of my readers.  

I featured cookies made from cutters just like these last year on my blog and they may have been my favorite of all time.  I love the entire collection - the white bunny, the yellow chick, the blue bird and all of the fun speckled colored eggs.  When I was deciding which cutters to have made for Spring, I just couldn't decide... so I had them all made.  You won't find them cutters anywhere else. 

The Baby Birds I first added to the store for Valentine's Day sold out so fast, that Ive restocked them for Spring.  I've used them for baby showers, wedding showers and Easter.  They are irresistibly charming - and so versatile.  I've featured them on the site on several occasions and receive countless requests for them. 

These cookie cutters are extra special, as they are made from copper - the most traditional metal for cutters.  They are a truly heirloom quality cutter that can be passed down for generations.  I love collecting copper cutters - and I love thinking that Emma will be using them with her kids and grandkids as they make holiday memories as I did with my Mom and Sister.

*These Copper Cutters are handmade.  As they have to be ordered months in advance, I only have a limited number available.
 
Glass Spice Jars 
 Small & Large

For me Spring is all about refreshing our house, our menus and our routines.  Everything is lighter and airier inside - gone is the clutter of the Holidays and Winter stock piling.  I want every surface, cabinet, garage and closet to be neat and clean. 

Remember when I posted my this photo of my organized Baking Pantry a couple of years ago?  I got a lot of requests from readers that wanted to do the same thing for their cabinets, so I've stocked glass jars for this Spring - two sizes, small (for spices) or large (for sprinkles, baking soda, even storing pastry tips...).


There is nothing better than opening up your pantry to a nice and neat row of sparkling glass spice jars.  Before I made the switch to all glass jars, my spice pantry was a constant struggle of craziness, spilling out every time I opened the door.  Now, it is probably the most organized corner of the house, which makes baking and cooking so much fun.  One of the best spring cleaning projects!

Creamware Egg Cups
 
I can't wait to use these Egg Cups this year to display the Easter Eggs Emma and I make together.  I've wanted some for years - they seem to be in every March edition of Martha Stewart since the beginning of time.  If you're a Barefoot Contessa fan, you've seen "Michael" set a brunch table featuring hollowed out eggs in egg cups filled with muscari. 

I love how simple and elegant these are.  They make great placecards at each plate or just scattered down the center of the table amongst little bunches of daffodils would be so fun.  If you don't plan on dying eggs this year, find some great heritage eggs in browns and blues for a great natural look.












 


Linen Tea Towels

Every season I brighten up my kitchen with fresh linen tea towels.  For the store, I've had a flax natural linen and black in the Fall, and flax and red for the holidays.  

This season, I found these lovely towels with a simple, classic pattern in my favorite hue for spring, Light Blue, and a classic Graphite and White - perfect for anytime of the year.  They instantly made my kitchen feel lighter and more fresh and clean.  Don't be afraid to use them - they soften beautifully in the wash. 














Gathering Basket

I am obsessed with this.  It is my new favorite thing.  Right now, ours is hanging on the door knob right inside our front door full of pussy willows.  Last week for the photos I had it filled with hydrangeas.  I can't wait to have Cherry Blossoms in it next month, big bunches of leaves in the Fall, branches of berries for the Holidays... endless.  

Please note, it is a little too large to hang on my front door, as we have a storm door in front of it.  I am going to figure out how I can hang it on the storm door outside (from a ribbon?) in the future.  But, for the moment, I'm loving it just where it is.













The secret to using fresh branches and blooms in the basket is using floral tubes to keep them fresh.  I've included 10 large clear tubes with each basket. 
My Everyday Candle in Blue

This Spring, I've had my signature scent poured into a soft, powder blue bowl (Bliss Blue).  I love how this color looks with pale butter yellows, bright daffodils and lilacs for Spring.  As it is Bliss Blue, it also makes a great gift for wedding season.
...

I had these custom poured by a local artisan.  She created this most amazing scent that contains all of my favorite things - red currant, quince and the slightest hint of orange blossom.  I burn this candle in our home on a daily basis - it is so soft and sophisticated.  It is the kind of candle that makes you want to breathe deep and relax into a cozy corner.

I had them poured in a mini latte bowl (from Anthropologie) that can be used after the candle is gone.  I love anything with a double use.  They are perfect for everything from individual desserts to holding dijon on a buffet.

Creamware Platter Collection 

Finding pretty, simple platters can be a challenge.  Many times platters are too bright white, or a little too modern... or adorned with something distracting.  These creamware platters are perfect.  The smaller ones are perfect for side dishes or appetizers.  The medium sizes are great to make displays of desserts or for a cheese tray.  The large work great for the main course of a dinner party.  When we're entertaining, my favorite way to serve the main course is all on one platter with the beef, pork or chicken in the center, then piles of vegetables on each side - easy and beautiful.
Tablet + Le Pens
new : Light Blue

This is the best little gift for yourself - a great way to get organized for Spring.

I had the tablets custom printed with a simple label-style header on a natural (just slightly creamy) cardstock.  These have been one of my most popular items since I opened the store last Summer.  The new Light Blue is just the thing to make your Spring to-do list lighter.























Everyday Tags & Cards

As I've started spring cleaning and organizing for our new house, I've been planning my new mudroom/studio space that will contain storage for all of my crafting supplies.  I thought it would be a great idea to make a line of stationery tags and cards that would be perfect for any occasion.
The Small Tag is pre-punched with a hole, ready to be strung on ribbon or twine.  The Folded Card can be punched and attached to a gift as a card, or used as a place card.  I love anything with a double use.

This collection would also be beautiful for a wedding or rehearsal dinner - the place cards at the tables and the tags on the favors.

I had these printed on a natural white extra-extra thick, textured cardstock.  The ink color is the same we used for our wedding - the original "Bliss Blue" (click here to see other products in this color).  It is a soft, powdered blue that is the perfect neutral for any color wrapping or ribbon.
Small Wooden Baking Basket

Another very popular item each season has been the wooden baking baskets - before in a medium and large size.  Now, I've added a small size that is perfect for Easter treats.  It fits nicely in the Large Cello Bag and can be used to bake in (think one large cinnamon roll...) or for making mini individual Easter baskets for friends or brunch guests.  I'll be showing more ways to use these in the coming weeks, too... especially with those darling Spring sugar cookies made with those Copper Cookie Cutters.

......

Enjoy shopping and browsing!  I'll be back Monday with some recipes and new ideas for Spring.  Have a great Spring weekend : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top