I love really simple desserts - especially when we're entertaining... or is it that I always make really simple desserts when we're entertaining because I run out of time?  One of my favorite easy desserts to serve is ice cream and cookies.  I make the dough ahead of time, put them in balls on baking sheets and then put them in the oven just as we're finishing dinner.  I serve the warm cookies with cold ice cream and everyone goes crazy.   In the Fall, I make ginger cookies and serve them with caramel ice cream, during the holidays I make chocolate cookies paired with butter pecan... endless options.

When we lived in Concord, we spent most of our summer nights at a local creamery that made the best peach ice cream.  Nothing that I have found is even close.  So, any time I walk in the grocery store and smell fresh peaches, I make my own non-homemade homemade peach ice cream.  I put our favorite (Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla) ice cream in the food processor with some peach slices (skin and all) and give it a whirl.  If we're not going to eat it right away, I put it back in the freezer to harden.

I love how this little dessert looks in the Enamelware Mini Dessert Pots from my store.  I have lots of great desserts planned for them (individual blackberry cobblers!), but they also work great as ramekins on a buffet to hold dips and spreads.

Mini Snickerdoodles



Sign-up for my Printable Recipes.

1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or regular vanilla)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
.....
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Cream together butter, shortening and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time until combined.  Add vanilla.  Add flower, salt and baking powder, stirring until just combined. 

Chill mixture for 15-30 minutes.  Roll in very small 3/4-inch balls.  Roll them in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes at 350 degrees.  Should be taken out of the oven just before cooked through so they stay soft.



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top