There is nothing in this world that makes me more happy than watching Emma play, laugh and be silly with friends.  This was one of those days - when around every corner there was giddy excitement.

The entire day was a fun-packed and festive 4th of July - or as Emma called it, her "favorite day of my life."  It started with a little Donuts & Decorating party before the neighborhood bike parade, followed by lunch with a surprise (even to the parents) bounce house and face painting, then off to my parents' house out in the country for a relaxed day of swimming, BBQ and fireworks.

The pre-parade party was a tradition we started last year with just one other family.  This year our crew grew to over 25 with new babies and new friends.  What a year.  We are so blessed to have gathered such a wonderful group of friends and such a treat to share these fun holidays with our kids running around in the grass together.


When I was planning the party I had every intention of making homemade donuts.  Then I came to my senses.  As Ina says, there is no need to make everything from scratch when you're entertaining - you're guests just want to have a good time.  And I didn't want my house to smell like a fish fry.


 The menu was simple : Piles of Donuts, Fruit and Juice... with Prosecco for the Moms.  I know I said that the Seafood Boil was the easiest party I'd ever done, but I was wrong.


We decorated bikes, wagons, strollers and cars (for Emma and Jack).  You can see, Emma is barefoot and busy with her donut and new headband (a gift from her friend)... can you imagine why this was her favorite day?


Emma introducing her cousin, Sam, to her friends.  Emma's still rocking the headband in her own style - she put it on all by herself.



And we're off to the parade!


There's that sweet face of my Emma looking very much like her Dad.



Baby Kate along for the ride!


Sam's first down the street peddling on her pink borrowed bike from Moo-Moo's house.


The parade is when our neighborhood really shines - so many kids and families. 


Emma and Jack cruising the streets in their very patriotic cars... he's got his eye on that balloon! 


We tried to get a photo of all of the girls, again (like in Seaside)... but the girls thought it was hilarious to hide behind their balloons.


Still hiding.



This is what passes as a perfect picture!  This was the last photo I took with my camera - the rest of the day I was too busy watching Emma play and relaxing - maybe my favorite day, too.  Hope you all had a happy and safe 4th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top