I'm sorry I've been gone for a little while - almost two weeks now.  In reality, I haven't been far.  I've just taken a little break.  We haven't been on a lavish vacation (unless you count vacation bible school...?), and we haven't been doing that much.  And it has been perfect.  Emma's been on school break for the last couple of weeks, with a couple of more to go.  While we've been in a sort of "summer" mode for most of summer (pool, early walks, donut breakfasts, golf, tennis, lounging, etc.) there has still been work and we haven't had a real break until now.



When Emma was just two(ish) months old, I did a post about "The View from Where I Sit"- it was just a snapshot of what a normal day looked like to us at that point in our life.  A newborn baby, puppy and cozy house.  It was beautiful - snuggle moments, our bulletin board of cards and photos, Emma taking a nap, Darcy taking a nap...  The only way it would've been better is if I were actually taking a nap, too ;)   For the last two weeks I've taken a nap almost every day.  You really do learn more about being a Mom as time goes by.



Documenting these "everydays" was something I was going to try to do more often for the blog, because I love taking a moment to stop and appreciate the everyday, the beautiful pauses between the big moments that make up a "normal" day.  It probably comes to no surprise given the name of this blog, that I love "normal" days - everydays

Her favorite spot in the kitchen.
I love routine, being at home, keeping a home and the rhythms of everyday.  I think it is just as important to document those times in our lives as I do the big moments.  After all, it is these normal, everyday moments that actually make up our lives. 

Just like most (all?) of you, I have my everyday moments of frustrations, too.  Sometimes I think if I have to pick up one more puzzle, clean crumbs out of my sheets again or sweep up another spilled bowl of dog food I might go bonkers.  Taking a second to browse around the house with my camera and document these moments of "messes" adds perspective and beauty to these un-produced moments that make up our everydays. 

Welcome to our home any given day of the week.


If you've lived with a toddler, you know that floors are rarely tidy, and laundry is rarely put away.


 Watercolors on the mantle... hopefully to be framed for Emma's room this week.


Has been on my list all summer, of course.  I sort of like them here, though, for now.  Little easy displays like this are good reminders not to take our home, our things or our "displays" too seriously.
 

Test burning a new custom candle scent for the store.  I'm obsessed - you'll love it.


New backpack and lunch box ready for school!

 

By the time I get up the stairs...


Layers of frames and loose snapshots. 


We've never really officially settled in here, with the impending construction starting next month, so nothing really has a place that has been contemplated - mostly just where everything ends up it stays.  The silhouette?  Also to be framed this week. 


I stumbled upon some Pixie Dust in the guest room...


Smiling Emma is enjoying crumbing my bed : )


Our evening reading materials.


Sweet little summer shoes.


 Did I mention we're potty training? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top