Well, this is the week.  The last week of living in our house, that is.  We will be packing up ev-er-y-thing we own, putting it in a Pod (hoping it fits...) and moving out for the next six months.  Trying to explain the process to Emma has been a little difficult - I keep telling her that Mr. John is going to come build us a new house.  In the next couple of weeks I'll share how we finally picked and hired a contractor and some of the lessons we've learned along the way.

For now, after I post this weekly menu, I'm going to finish up a couple of posts for the rest of the week (Bathroom Inspiration board included!) and some recipes... then, I'll be in the basement.  For the rest of the week.  Don't think I'm crazy, but I love packing.  I love cleaning out, donating and neatly packing everything up - fresh start.  I've resolved to keep only things that I love and know exactly where they will go in the new house.  Everything else will be given away.  I've noticed in this process, that I get a little more lenient with this rule as we go on, and have to keep reminding myself.  For those of you that have emailed - the Acorn Cookie Cutters should be back in stock by the end of the week!  Hope your week is off to a great start!

Jenny

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Homemade Applesauce & Braised Cabbage with Goat Cheese

Oh my gosh, is this good.  It is more of a Sunday Supper type of meal, but this week, I'll be making it tonight, on a Monday.  It makes great sandwiches for the rest of the week for Mike's lunch.

Chorizo & Vegetable Soup with Fancy Grilled Cheese

We try to do soup once a week, especially now that the weather is cooling down.  This is a great soup that has so much flavor!

Tomato & Goat Cheese Salad

Even though the weather is turning colder, it is prime tomato season.  I'll probably serve this salad with a grilled Flank Steak or piece of Fish.

Butternut & Beef Chili

I'm making this on Thursday afternoon, because it will a great thing to have for leftovers the rest of the weekend while we finish the packing.  It will be great to have a filling meal that is just a microwave away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top