I can not believe it is already the third week of October.  My heartaches a little thinking about it.  The weather is perfect.  Skies are blue, leaves are gold and red, air is crisp - perfect.  I can not get enough of it.  We've been a bit on the run for the last couple of weeks, so I'm going to really try to slow down and relax this week - long walks with Emma and D, easy dinners that leave us a time to play outside in the evenings (before it gets too dark!), and less working.  We have nothing on our calendar for the rest of the month besides a couple of halloween parties and I couldn't be more glad.  Time always skips a little faster for me because I'm already working on packaging up Thanksgiving products this week.  There is a lot of wheat involved (hint, hint).  I do have a couple of more Halloween projects to share, though... I've been dreaming about some Peanut Butter Cup inspired Cupcakes that will come in the next couple of days.

Hope you are enjoying a beautiful October day!
Jenny

Slow Simmered Beef Ragu

This. Is. So. Good.  Tomatoes, cream, parmesan, thyme, rosemary, garlic, wine... all slow simmered with beef makes the most comforting, delicious beef ragu/bolognese.  If your family allows, add mushrooms, too... mine does not : )



























Roasted Lemon Chicken Breasts with Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Vegetables

This is such an easy dinner - using chicken breasts make it simple and quick.  The lemon butter thyme sauce that the chicken cooks in is perfect drizzled over the mashed potatoes.



Lemon Orzo Soup

In honor of my blogger friend, Tessa's home being featured in Midwest Living Magazine's holiday issue (that is now out!) I'm sharing her recipe for one of our family's favorites - Lemon Orzo Soup.  I'll use the chicken from our Roasted Lemon Chicken to make it an easy dinner from leftovers.

























Goat Cheese & Caramelized Onion Pizza

Homemade Pizza is much easier than you think... especially when you used pizza dough from Trader Joes :)  This will be mine, Emma and Mike will make a simple margarita with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top