As I begin planning our honeymoon to Italy, I find myself pouring over scrumptious sounding menus of restaurants we plan to visit. The simple options of fresh fare have inspired me. This dinner took me just 15 minutes to prepare and it was fabulous. I served the scallops with thinly sliced prosciutto, warm crusty bread and a crunchy salad.

Baked Scallops (serves 2)

1 pound of sea scallops
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of white wine
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
1/2 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Sea Salt & Pepper

Place the scallops in a heavy baking dish. Mix together olive oil, wine, garlic, shallot, rosemary, red pepper, lemon, salt & pepper. Pour the mixture over the scallops. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top